CPL CRAFTS: Natural Dyeing - Turn Around Your Textiles with Lisa Purdy In-Person
Natural dyeing is a rewarding way to creatively upcycle! There are numerous dyes to explore right in your own kitchen, from the pale pink created by dyeing with avocado pits, to the golden yellow of turmeric. Local artist and curator Lisa Purdy will teach patrons how to naturally dye at home, demonstrating how to turnaround an item of clothing (or other textiles!) using natural dye sources.
- Piece of clothing (or other fabric) made of natural materials- such as cotton, linen, silk or wool.
- Stock pot large enough that item can move about freely
- A whole (or mostly whole) jar of turmeric
- Wooden or metal spoon
- Clothesline or area to drip dry
- Kitchen scale (Optional)
- A collection of avocado pits, an additional stock pot, and a colander
- For RESIST DYEING (TIE-DYING): rubber bands, binder clips, string, mason jar lids
- Thursday, August 13, 2020
- 6:00pm - 7:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)