Virtual STEAM Story Time: Play Ball!
We invite children and their grownups to join us from home for 20-25 minutes of stories and hands-on activities from the Cambridge STEAM Initiative's STEAM@Home collection available on Find It Cambridge.
Caregivers are asked to participate in the program as they will be exploring STEAM with a variety of materials! Gather activity materials before Story Time if you plan to participate in the hands-on activities.
Register below. Zoom link will be emailed to registrants one hour before the program begins.
Virtual STEAM Story Time is free and open to the public and is not recorded. If you register but later find you cannot attend, please remember to cancel your registration to make space for others.
Play Ball!: Design Sports Equipment
If you would like to participate in the hands-on activity for Story Time, please gather the following materials:
- Assorted recyclable materials: plastic bottles, cardboard boxes and tubes, and so on
- Tape and/or glue
- Pencil and paper
- Lightweight plastic or rubber ball (Ping Pong ball, Wiffle ball, and so on)
- Open space, such as a large room or flat space outdoors
- Equipment (such as chairs and/or a table) you can use in your game
- A few friends to play your game with you (optional)
For this activity and more resources, check out the Make Your Own Basketball Hoop page.
- Wednesday, September 30, 2020
- 11:00am - 11:30am
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)