Navigating Solo: Planning Tools for Aging Well (Virtual) Online
Cambridge Public Library presents: Active Older Adults Lecture and Workshop Series
In partnership with Cambridge Neighbors and facilitated by Ailene Gerhardt
Sponsored by the Cambridge Public Library Foundation
Session 4: June 13, 2023, 6:30-7:45 p.m.
Assessing and Enhancing Your Support System
Ailene Gerhardt, Board Certified Patient Advocate at Beacon Patient Solutions LLC, will explore the unique considerations and planning needs of solo agers (an adult who, because of choice or circumstance, is without the family support structure of adult children or close family members). Ailene will review specific needs related to healthcare, community, and programs and resources available to support solo agers. Learn more about Ailene’s work with solo agers: https://www.beaconpatientsolutions.com/solos
Cambridge Neighbors (www.cambridgeneighbors.org) is a membership-based nonprofit that provides a variety of supports, both practical and social, to older adults in Arlington, Belmont, Cambridge, Somerville, and Watertown who wish to remain safely and independently in their homes and communities as they age, for as long as possible.
Every other Tuesday starting May 2, 2023, through June 27, 2023, at 6:30 p.m. (Virtual).
You must register for each session. To register for:
- May 2: The Unique Needs of Solo Agers, please click here.
- May 16: Health Care Decision-Making & The Value of Advance Care Planning, please click here.
- May 30: Evaluating Your Current Support System, please click here.
- June 13: Assessing and Enhancing Your Support System, please click here.
- June 27: Bringing It All Together & Developing an Organized solo Aging Plan, please click here.
This is a virtual event. A Zoom link will be sent to all registered participants 1 hour before the event.
- Tuesday, June 13, 2023
- 6:30pm - 7:45pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.